Traveling Texts (a.k.a., snapshot samplings from my phone)
- 7a.m. departure = crack of noon. Headed for Indianapolis instead of Wisconsin.
- Can’t drive 14hr when you begin at noon. We were up past midnight trying to fit stuff in the cars… it didn’t. Had to re-do in the AM and then mail 2 huge boxes.
- Driving in a thunderstorm. Good test of the makeshift roof carrier. Glad I’m not at the wheel!
- Gray and rainy. Discovered very back van seat is a comfy recliner. Had a nice nap already! (9:53am)
- Long drive in a driving rain. Glad to be on break in backseat.
- Iowa City = Potty break.
- Just traded drivers again. Back in my “lounge chair” listening to bluegrass. (3:04pm)
- Saw a white cloud shaped like a poodle.
- At Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD
- T-shirt: “age improves with wine”
- Traveling thru SD badlands today.
- Safe at the Rocket Motel—a blast from the past in Custer, SD.
- Ah, the tall pine forests of the west! Fresh air without A/C! Feels like I’m coming Home.
- Our hearts know where home should be
- Wall Drug: 5-cent coffee and our 3rd day driving in a T-storm.
- My butt hurts from sitting for 4 days. The cat is enjoying the ride more than I am! Of course, she gets to lay down.
- My kingdom for a queen-size feather bed!
- In Wyoming. Saw snow-capped mountains today. Sleeping in Montana tonight.
- I feel like a cowboy when I chew on a sip of coffee & grounds while riding through the mountains of Montana.