[click on photo to embiggen]
It’s been a busy couple of weeks, but really — when is it not busy? Here are 5 bits and pieces of what has been going on in my life:
1. I returned to my mother’s house, sans menfolk. I transferred ownership of her cat to my cousin, since things never did work out between Fiji and Cleopatra. I spent a couple of days helping my SIL go through stuff and prepare for an estate sale. I cheered on my nephew in football on Wednesday evening. And I wrote yesterday about my wonderful time with Mrs. G, who lives in the same town where my mother lived.
2. The photo above wasn’t taken on that trip, however; I took it after we dropped our college sons off at the university back in mid-August. If you click on the photo, you will see it is more than a PINK SATURDAY submission… there is a rainbow coming down from the pink clouds.
3. Last night was the final night of classroom driver education for H-J. He still needs plenty of practice (i.e., I still wish my minivan had a brake pedal on the passenger side!) but at least we no longer have to set aside 3 hours, 3 nights per week.
4. Tonight my beloved MIL & FIL are in town for the high school football game. H-J is playing in the band and his cousin (different nephew than above) is the excellent kicker on our mediocre team. Seriously, this kid is good: he can kick a 42-yard field goal. But he prefers soccer and basketball. H-J prefers band.
5. My sister is also going to be in town tonight. I brought back her final load of belongings from our mother’s house, and she is making a 2-day round trip to pick it all up. I think it only saves her 3 hours of driving, but I was most interesting in having some time together. We have seen very little of each other since she went off to college when I was still in middle school.
That is what has been happening in my world. What news do you have to share?