1. Groovy Shoes was last night. Our students looked awesome. They wore their black shirts for the varsity girls game, then switched to red shirts for the varsity boys game.
There were many Dr. Seuss characters represented in front of our student section, including: the Cat in the Hat, Horton, Thing 1 and Thing 2, [one fish, two fish] red fish and blue fish, little Cindy Lou Hoo and the Grinch who stole Christmas, a Fox in Socks, and even a character from The Butter Battle Book. It was a veritable display of costumes and creativity that was difficult to capture with a point-and-shoot camera.
[click on any photo to embiggen it]
Oh, yeah, there was a basketball game being played, too. Two games, in fact! But for the majority of the student body, this event had nothing to do with basketball and everything to do with a school spirit competition.
I thought the other school wasn’t too creative in their attire (cheer squad costumes were fine, but Neon t-shirts? Really? blah). Unfortunately, the other school won the Groovy Shoes for the next year. We were loud but I guess they were louder.
2. My beloved MIL & FIL are in town for 2 nights, which means I am getting my card games fix. Last night we played “Pitch” and I imagine tonight will be “Wizard” or “Oh, Heck!”
3. Tonight & tomorrow is a local artist venue, part of a “first Friday” event in town. Not sure if I’m going to make it or not because there is a college game tomorrow afternoon and we might need to work the fundraiser in the snack bar.
4. The International Film Festival is also happening (apparently, I live in a happening place). I’m meeting my friend ~A~ downtown tomorrow for dinner and a film.
5. I just sent in my registration for a scrapbooking retreat one month from now. Three days & 3 nights to get some projects accomplished, YAY!