You can expect a lot of pictures in the coming days, but for now, here is a quick run-down:
- Approximately 3,300 miles
- 9.5 days
- one night in the guest room at my beloved in-laws’ home, 5:30AM breakfast provided 🙂
- 6 nights of sharing a hotel room with 3 guys
- one cold night of sharing a tent with 3 guys (showers not included)
- one night at my sister’s house (including an animal love fest with her 2 dogs and 4 cats), where she provided a delicious dinner and then selflessly slept on the sofa so we could all have beds
- Easter sunrise service on a bluff overlooking the Snake River
There was also hiking, snow, sunshine, and wind. An abundance of wind.
We listened to audio books: a Ben Franklin biography, Jeeves and Wooster, H.G. Wells’ War of the Worlds, a Max Brand western than went on and on for 7 discs, and All Creatures Great and Small. Occasionally there was music. Spiderman 2 was watched by those in the backseats and heard by those in the front seats.
We visited 3 national parks and stopped at a variety of other scenic places (plus a whole lot of rest areas). And at the center of it all — the actual destination, the compelling reason for the entire trip: