It has been a full two weeks for our family. We’ve gone on a camping vacation (5 days, 1 shower), came home for one night, cleaned up, then left for another 2 days to spend some time with my husband’s parents. This week included 2 nights in a row of concerts in the park.
1. First there was the big shindig downtown for the 4th of July while everyone waited for the fireworks show which was promised to be the best one yet, although I’m thinking that San Diego’s impressive burst might have outdone what we
couldn’t see very well through the trees. Why oh why did they change where they lit them off? It was behind the crowds, for cryin’ out loud! saw. Next year we’ll probably skip the traffic and find a place on the nearest bluff to watch the fireworks.
2. We also attended the first of 4 outdoor concerts in our local park — not the natural area behind our house, but a much larger park with numerous tall pines, green grass, and a playground. Folks bring picnics, blankets, and chairs with them for this pleasant event where friends and neighbors enjoy a bit of relaxation and conversation together. Last night was the first of four concerts under the pines, but it was the final show for our local Air National Guard Band. The guys played and crooned classic rock as the day gently settled into the cool of evening.
If I was a humor writer, I would tell you about white-haired ladies doing the motions to “YMCA” and how the guys worked in the SNL skit of needing more cowbell. I would regale you with doggie tales, how snack-sized pooches tried their best to show shepherd breeds who was Bad… if I was a humor writer.
3. On Thursday, SuperDad and I went for a bike ride along the Centennial Trail. This was our view at the turn-around point. —>
I hadn’t gone for a long ride for about a month, so 6 miles was my sensible limit, but the weather was near-perfect (not too hot, beautiful sunshine with a slight breeze).
4. While biking, we noticed a couple of women picking cherries in an old abandoned orchard. SuperDad returned a few hours later with a pail and picked enough ripe pie cherries to make this…
5. Last Sunday was a bridal shower for Rapunzel.
Isn’t she beautiful? That glow comes from inside of her. I’m so blessed to have her joining our family.