Popping up for air to share another Ten on Tuesday…
- My husband preached a sermon on Sunday, which is ironic because I felt very strongly that I did not want to ever marry a minister!
- No, SuperDad is not starting a new career! It was a rare occurance (he’s done it once before, long ago).
- We did, however join the church where he preached. Some of you might remember my struggles of trying to find a “home” for Sunday mornings. We’ve been faithfully attending this one for the past 6 months, so it was time to make it official and become members.
- My dad is a retired minister and the fishbowl existence for a pastor’s family isn’t my cup of tea.
- Speaking of tea… I’ve had several days recently when I skipped my usual 3-4 cups of morning coffee for the equivalent in Jasmine Green Tea. I’m never quite sure why that happens; there are simply some mornings when coffee doesn’t seem like such a great idea and Chinese green tea calls my name.
- Our full week of rain has been very welcome (we had a really dry summer and early fall) but between the rain and the significantly cooler temperatures, I am re-thinking the concept of going camping over the Veterans’ Day weekend. I don’t mind cold by itself, but cold rain is an entirely different matter.
- This weekend I am going to attend a Creativity Retreat: 72 hours of hanging out with quilting ladies.
- I hope to bring back photo proof that their talent rubs off on me, at least a little bit!
- Make that, I will bring back photo proof — several Christmas gifts depend upon it.
- Halloween is tomorrow, which begs the question: seeing as how a certain candy bar contains both coconut and whole almonds, shouldn’t Almond Joy be considered a healthy snack?
Great list! Wish I had your pseudo-preacher husband here to be a worship leader at SAPC still.
Congrats on finding a home for Sunday mornings 🙂 And yes…I think if you just suck the chocolate off those Almond Joys they’d be fine 😉 You’re going to spit out the chocolate, right?
That’s great that you found a home for Sunday mornings. I have to admit, life has been so hectic this semester that we have temporarily been finding home to be the best “home” on Sunday mornings!
I am looking forward to seeing your photos from the quilting retreat. My sister used to quilt –she made beautiful quilts (throw size) for both me and Emma, and I treasure them. She’s out of that phase now 🙂
I think any chocolate bar that contains nuts is a healthy treat. No, I’m not particularly healthy!
And by the way, it took me a bit to “get” your title –nice job! Of course, I could just be slow 🙂
Snorting at you post title. 🙂
I tend to drop coffee suddenly also. After my usual two-cup mornings, I tend to switch to chai for a few weeks.. or moths. Then somehow, it turns back to coffee again. Go figure.
Glad you found a home for Sunday mornings and have made it official. It is good to mix up your morning beverage once in awhile. I only seem to drink water these days though. I am sure that Almond Joys are healthy, just like Oh Henry’s are 🙂