Popping up for air to share another Ten on Tuesday…
- My husband preached a sermon on Sunday, which is ironic because I felt very strongly that I did not want to ever marry a minister!
- No, SuperDad is not starting a new career! It was a rare occurance (he’s done it once before, long ago).
- We did, however join the church where he preached. Some of you might remember my struggles of trying to find a “home” for Sunday mornings. We’ve been faithfully attending this one for the past 6 months, so it was time to make it official and become members.
- My dad is a retired minister and the fishbowl existence for a pastor’s family isn’t my cup of tea.
- Speaking of tea… I’ve had several days recently when I skipped my usual 3-4 cups of morning coffee for the equivalent in Jasmine Green Tea. I’m never quite sure why that happens; there are simply some mornings when coffee doesn’t seem like such a great idea and Chinese green tea calls my name.
- Our full week of rain has been very welcome (we had a really dry summer and early fall) but between the rain and the significantly cooler temperatures, I am re-thinking the concept of going camping over the Veterans’ Day weekend. I don’t mind cold by itself, but cold rain is an entirely different matter.
- This weekend I am going to attend a Creativity Retreat: 72 hours of hanging out with quilting ladies.
- I hope to bring back photo proof that their talent rubs off on me, at least a little bit!
- Make that, I will bring back photo proof — several Christmas gifts depend upon it.
- Halloween is tomorrow, which begs the question: seeing as how a certain candy bar contains both coconut and whole almonds, shouldn’t Almond Joy be considered a healthy snack?