- I went back to the park yesterday to take a few more pictures showing the comparative size of the wildflowers (same earrings as before, made by Cassi).
- Folks from several local tribes were there, with loads of gravel to spread on the paths as erosion control. I cringed because they were driving ATVs to bring the gravel and tools to various spots… and driving over some of the wildflowers. I’m cringing again now, just thinking about the smashed flowers and grasses. I like to keep the conservation area conserved.
- I wish I could take a couple of road trips to meet other bloggers with whom I’ve become friends.
- My older teen nearly laughed himself out of his chair at the dinner table last night. Granted, I did refer to Harvard as a possible back-up school… but only because his first choice is [the much closer to home & family] Stanford. On the other hand, Stanford has only sent him a letter over the winter to suggest he spend thousands of dollars on a 3-week-long summer camp; the older, more distinguished school has sent him a letter asking him to consider applying to attend college there. This kid has a lot of decisions to make in the next few months.
- Tomorrow is the “Breakthrough for Brain Tumors” 5k walk. I’m walking in a group of friends and we’ll be surrounding a mutual friend’s family with love and hugs while we honor his memory. It’s going to be an emotional morning.