Count your blessings, name them one by one…
I’m using Thursday posts to focus on thankfulness — and instead of counting blessings, I’m challenging myself to come up with them alphabetically. (You can find the rest of the posts in this series here.)
Sorry, folks… it’s too hot to think. It’s nearly midnight and 81 degrees inside my house. I was gone for 12 hours today. I work tomorrow. And I can’t come up with a single J word right now because my brain is too fried from the heat.
J week will be here next week (same bat time, same bat channel) — I promise!
[Well, unless something catastrophic happens in my life.]
In the meantime, let’s skip the alphabetization for a week and just be thankful for something… anything! — so right now, I’m thankful for:
- a job where I can go in on my “off” day and work in semi-comfort with a window A/C unit! (That’s where I spent my afternoon and early evening when it was 98 degrees outside.)
- leftovers in the fridge so I don’t have to cook dinner and it’s ready when I come home late
- a plethora of portable fans to place in windows so I can blow the (hopefully soon-to-be) night air into my house
- friends who are comfortable with impromptu and casual get-togethers
- graduating from physical therapy! I had my final appointment this morning.
- a church family. I looked back over my posts from late-winter/early-spring 2012, at a point when I was so frustrated over not yet finding a place for us to call “home” (example here ) — and now, I not only have that exactly kind of place but I also have a job working there! How fantastic is that?!?
- the weather forecast that promises it will cool down this weekend! After 98 degrees today and tomorrow, a high temperature of 84 F sounds heavenly…