- I took this photograph in our garden last week. These sunny blooms are approximately 8 feet tall and face our neighbors’ kitchen windows. Lucky them!
- Our weather cooled over the past 2 days (in fact, it is raining right now and has been for the past 14 hours). I’m grateful for the break from the heat, but as I posted on facebook, it feels as though the sky is crying for those we have lost this week. (The double funeral was today.)
- I am putting my youngest son — my baby — on an airplane by himself today. He turned 14 while at scout camp and this is his gift: to spend 2 weeks with cousins doing boy things. (Huge thanks to my SIL for inviting him and pestering me to make it happen!) I dislike flying and I worry about accidents; the recent airline incidents have not made me confident but I will send him off with cheerful smiles.
- Tomorrow morning we send the older teen off on a 9-day adventure with the youth group to a cool, cloudy, depressed seaport for mission opportunities. Recent incident of a bus full of church teens crashing has not made me comfortably confident for his safety but again, I will send him off with cheerful smiles.
- This makes next week totally kid-free. It is a strange thing to contemplate and I’m not sure I like it. I know the cat will not like it! And without boys around to distract and keep my dh occupied, I am sure to become even more behind in reading blogs. Sorry about that!