On Wednesdays and some weekends, you can find me at cross-country meets. I’m there to cheer on my boy and his teammates. XC parents do not sit in chairs or bleachers; we trot our slower selves all over the course from point A to point B to point C and back to point A, cheering on our runners as they go uphill, downhill, around the bend, and if the course is really challenging, through a creek.
This month seems to have been in race mode: powering through the tougher stretches and trying to make the most of the easier times. Some things for which I’ve been particularly grateful:
- Time spent with friends
- H-J getting happily settled into his second year of college, and calling me just to say hello
- EB getting a week of work at a home renovation (via networking) and interviewing at yet another job this afternoon
- baby shower for my DIL (and getting to see my son before heading back home again)
- cool nights and sunny days
- coffee — and my husband who wakes me up with a cup of black gold most mornings