On Wednesdays and some weekends, you can find me at cross-country meets. I’m there to cheer on my boy and his teammates. XC parents do not sit in chairs or bleachers; we trot our slower selves all over the course from point A to point B to point C and back to point A, cheering on our runners as they go uphill, downhill, around the bend, and if the course is really challenging, through a creek.
This month seems to have been in race mode: powering through the tougher stretches and trying to make the most of the easier times. Some things for which I’ve been particularly grateful:
- Time spent with friends
- H-J getting happily settled into his second year of college, and calling me just to say hello
- EB getting a week of work at a home renovation (via networking) and interviewing at yet another job this afternoon
- baby shower for my DIL (and getting to see my son before heading back home again)
- cool nights and sunny days
- coffee — and my husband who wakes me up with a cup of black gold most mornings
Your list makes me thankful, too. And yes, us XC parents are the most dedicated kind of fans EVER! No sport taps the fans like that one does!
Sounds like your autumn is off to a great start. So much to be thankful for sure. See you in 11 sleeps! unless you head out on Friday instead
Ok see you on Friday. Have a safe trip up. It sounds like there will be two Canuck trailers. Canuck Party and Canuck Sleepy Hollow trailers. See you in just over a week!